www.jetdv.com Forum Index Edward Troxel
Vegas Scripting and Newsletters
Home of Excalibur and Montage Magic

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Excaliber 6.. how to create new cameras?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruach_echad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:16 am    Post subject: Excaliber 6.. how to create new cameras? Reply with quote

OK.. it's been a while.

Upgraded a box, installed 64-bit Win 10.. trying to get Excaliber 6 up and running and need to setup my new "custom cameras" for multi-cam so I can setup keyboard mappings:

1 -- inserts marker: 1d (default desolve to cam 1)
ctrl-1 -- inserts marker: 1d00:03:00 (creates 3 second disolve)
ctrl-shift-1 -- inserts marker: 1d00:05:00 (creates 5 second dissolve)

2 -- inserts marker: 2d
etc.

I have this working great in previous configs, but to get it working right I think I need to create "custom cameras"... but that isn't available on Excaliber 6?! (was on Excaliber 5)

How to do this now?
ruach_echad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:43 am    Post subject: Can't install version 5.5 either... Reply with quote

I tried installing version 5.5 so I could map my keyboard to use the 5.5 commands for placing my custom markers, but it won't install.

"Vegas 6 or 7 has not been installed on this computer or has not been run. Vegas Movie Studio versions do not support scripting."

I only installed Vegas 10 and 12 on this install. ARGGHHHHHH....

(** tearing out what little hair I have left **)
Edward Troxel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur 6 has individual scripts for the cameras so you can assign them to keypresses. Just open the Options - Customize Keyboard. Scroll down to the View.Excalibur.Camera Switches.(they are all listed)

Toward the top of the screen under "Show Commands containing", just type in "Camera" and you will see them all listed.
ruach_echad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Individual scripts for the cameras... Reply with quote

But what if you want to create *new* cameras?

e.g.
1 - creates 1d marker
ctrl-1 -- creates 1d00:03:00 marker
ctrl-shift-1 -- creates 1d00:05:00 marker

2 - creates 2d marker
etc.

Being able to have multiple custom dissolve lengths tied to keys for each camera, I think, is one of the key benefits Excaliber's multi-cam has over the Vegas built-in implementation, as it allows the editor to get closer to the final cut (read: less tweaking in a 2nd pass).

From what I can tell, the only way to add custom cameras is to install an older version of Excalibur, which then requires installing an older version of Vegas.. ugh :-/ I'm probably missing something that I totally just am forgetting how to do in the newer version!
ruach_echad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Can't use older Excaliber with Vegas 14 Reply with quote

UPDATE: Although I *was* able to use the newer Excaliber for most things in Vegas 12 (and earlier) while still using Excaliber 5's scripting to enable multiple cameras (as described above) to create the markers and update tallys.... this no longer works in Vegas 14.

When I use the keyboard mapping to run the Excaliber 5 script, I'm now getting scripts errors with VEGAS 14. My guess is that Magix renamed the internals to avoid the word "Sony".. :-/

*sigh*
[/url]
ruach_echad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: how to create new camera switches Reply with quote

So I guess I'm asking -- how does one create new camera Switches in Excaliber 6?

e.g. View.Excalibur.Camera Switches.Cam1d exists.. want to create..
View.Excalibur.Camera Switches.Cam1d00:03:00
View.Excalibur.Camera Switches.Cam1d00:05:00
View.Excalibur.Camera Switches.Cam2d00:03:00
View.Excalibur.Camera Switches.Cam2d00:05:00
etc.
Edward Troxel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't manually create new cameras in Excalibur 6. They must be added through the custom command which is what creates the camera switches. I've added three "custom" camera switches which will be in Excalibur 7.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.jetdv.com Forum Index -> JETDV Scripts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: