www.jetdv.com Forum Index Edward Troxel
Vegas Scripting and Newsletters
Home of Excalibur and Montage Magic

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finding arguments for scripts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BScott

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Finding arguments for scripts Reply with quote

I'm new to the scripting world, and I've run into a few snags. I'm trying to re-write a script the removes all filters from media so that it only removes the timecode filter. I set a variable name to "Sony Timecode" but it doesn't seem to work. Am I using the wrong name? Do I use the names listed in the filter list that comes up when you apply a filter to video?

Also- how do you change aspect ratio of clips? I have a client that often uses Digital Juice pieces that are PAL aspect. I was trying to modify one of your scripts to set the alpha type and then set the aspect, but I can't find the right variable in the API list.
Thanks
Edward Troxel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, there's already a script (included with Vegas) in the Script Menu folder that removes only the Sony Timecode effect from all media in the Project Media. It's called "Remove timecode From All Media.cs". Take a look at that one and you'll see how it works.

As for setting the aspect, are you talking the "PixelAspectRatio"? If yes, that applies to a "videstream" so you must find the "videostream" of the event you're looking at. The same applies to the AlphaChannel so you should already have the video stream. It will be something like:

videoStream.PixelAspectRatio = PixelAspect;

If not the Pixel Aspect Ratio, which setting are you referring to?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.jetdv.com Forum Index -> Scripting FAQ All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: