www.jetdv.com Forum Index Edward Troxel
Vegas Scripting and Newsletters
Home of Excalibur and Montage Magic

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sony Vegas and MOV files?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.jetdv.com Forum Index -> General Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freddie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject: Sony Vegas and MOV files? Reply with quote

Apple stopped supporting Quicktime Player on the PC due to security issues. Since uninstalling Quicktime Player I can no longer open .MOV files in Sony Vegas Pro 11. Does this mean that I will never be able to edit the thousands of .MOV files from my iPhone and other portable video devices? This seems crazy! Is there any other way to get Vegas to open .MOV files directly? I know I can convert the .MOV files to another video format using a 3rd party app like Handbrake of FFMPEG but that takes a lot of time and introduces a quality loss. Please say it isn't so that I'll never be able to edit .MOV files in Vegas again!!!!! Is there another way? Smile

Thanks.
Edward Troxel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you reinstall QuickTime, you can then edit those movies. As long as you are not using QuickTime Player to view files (especially Internet files) you are fine.
TheHappyFriar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm late to this parade.... Smile

I still use Quicktime Alternative Lite. I had an issue reading iPhone vid's from my son's IPod 5 after an update, but taking the Quicktime/MOV dll from a Vegas 13 demo install & putting it in my Vegas 10 QT/MOV dll folder solved that problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.jetdv.com Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: