www.jetdv.com Forum Index Edward Troxel
Vegas Scripting and Newsletters
Home of Excalibur and Montage Magic

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shift take after multicam setup has hundreds of edits

View previous topic :: View next topic  
colelaus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Shift take after multicam setup has hundreds of edits Reply with quote

I have six cameras in a multicam edit. Unfortunately, two of the videos I used were out of sync with the audio so hundreds of my edits are just a few frames off. I figured out how to go into the edit details and manually adjust the active takes. To automate this, I even wrote a script to loop through all the events on the video line to adjust the cameras I have problem with. Unfortunately, after the first new edit I made, I realized that my script could not be repeated. Any new edits that use the skewed video would be shifted. If I rerun my script, it would adjust all the videos, not just the new ones.

I realize that getting the sync right before going this far would have been the prefered solution. But then again I find this an interesting exercise so I'm improving my skills by looking for a solution.

I don't want to lose my edits but don't know how to shift my video without going back to the original .veg file and recreate the multicam environment.

So.. is there a way to save out edits and reapply them once I recreate the multicam setup? Or is is possible once in a multicam scenario to shift one of the takes a few frames so that all active takes based on that video and any new active takes I may select from that video will also be shifted?

Thanks!

Colelaus
Edward Troxel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case, probably the easiest solution would be to modify the script to only affect everything AFTER a specific point on the timeline. Or not run the script at all until after all edits are finished. Naturally, as you mentioned, the best solution is to be in sync before going into multi-cam mode.

I'm assuming here you're using the built-in multi-cam in Vegas Pro 8. As you have probably discovered, it works via TAKES. I'm assuming your script only is affecting the "current take". It may be possible to modify it to go through ALL takes and modify each take as needed. In this case, I would think that the script would only need to be run ONCE. You'd still need to make sure you don't modify the ones you've already changed, though.

This is where the script multi-cam options have an advantage. All the camera angles are still separate tracks so you'd just need to adjust the proper tracks before running the final step to build the Master track.
ruach_echad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another advantage of the Excaliber multicam method..

Even after the master track is built, it''s pretty simple to select all events of a certain media and shift them a but left or right (I've had to do it), something not easily done via the built-in takes methodology.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.jetdv.com Forum Index -> Scripting FAQ All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: