www.jetdv.com Forum Index Edward Troxel
Vegas Scripting and Newsletters
Home of Excalibur and Montage Magic

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Windows quirk for me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.jetdv.com Forum Index -> General Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: New Windows quirk for me Reply with quote

The other day I was finishing up a project and rendered it for dvd. I did the video, then the audio.
Opened DVDA and loaded the video, but the audio didn't show up. I found the file and tried to load it manually, but got a message the the plug in was not registered. I clicked on the box to register it and got a long error message. I reloaded DVDA several times and got the same thing. It did play fine in Vegas. By the way I'm using Vegas 6 and DVDA 3.
I remenbered that I got a window update the nite before, so I did a system restore to the day before the update.

This time the video and audio loaded with no problem. I had to make some minor changes which required some compression, so when I started rendering, it gave me a time of 2 hr and 15 minutes. Running along fine till the 15 minutes mark. At this time a window popped up telling me windows update did not finish installing and would reboot in 30 minutes. I got a choice of reboot now or later. Naturally I clicked on later. Five minutes later, the window popped up again telling me it was going to reboot in 30 minutes. Again I checked the later box, but 5 minutes later the window popped up again.

I gave up cause it was time to shower and eat. I canceled the render and rebooted, after which time the render completed with no problem.

Just something for you to keep in mind if the situation ever comes up. I wasted an hour for nothing and got to bed late. Mad

Lynn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.jetdv.com Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: