www.jetdv.com Forum Index Edward Troxel
Vegas Scripting and Newsletters
Home of Excalibur and Montage Magic

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deshaker question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loren

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Deshaker question Reply with quote

I have installed and run Deshaker script successfully but by default it writes the uncompressed file to the shaker directory on the C drive, (which in my case) has limited remaining available space.

I just tried to deshake a large file but my C drive ran out of space. (The uncompressed file would have been 50 gb).

I have a 500gb external "data" drive and I'd like to change the settings in Shaker and/or Virtual Dub to save the uncompressed file to the 500 gb drive by default, but am unsure exactly how to do that without screwing up the script.

Can anyone here walk me through how to do that?
Edward Troxel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks to me like it's putting it in whatever folder the VEG file is in. Where's your VEG file?

There's an "IF" statement where "baseDir" is being set to one of two things. Just before the "var deshakeDir..." line, you could specify:

baseDir = "E:\\";
loren

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My veg folder is on the external "F" drive. (used only for data)
The deshaker program is on "C" along with all other program files,and it created a deshake folder that is located just above the program folder.
I'm pretty sure that last time I tried this, it placed the uncompressed file in the deshake folder on "C". I also checked my C drive as deshaker was running, and saw that it was just about out of space, so I quickly shut down deshaker and the 50gb of empty space came back.

My problem is that I am not knowlegable with the code and how to access it to change it, and I would only make the change if you or someone here is absolutely sure you know what to do, and gcan guide me thru it.
loren

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed,
I just experimented with a smaller 5 second clip that I opened from my veg folder and it worked as you said - It created a subfolder to the veg with the avi file.

I guess I'm a little confused regarding how this all works, and will have to experiment some more.

Thanks for your reply
Edward Troxel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. That's what I thought the code indicated. It looks like it WILL go to the "C" drive if the project has not been saved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.jetdv.com Forum Index -> Scripting FAQ All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: