www.jetdv.com Forum Index Edward Troxel
Vegas Scripting and Newsletters
Home of Excalibur and Montage Magic

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vegas 7: Can you change the default Script Menu directory?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisFontenot13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Vegas 7: Can you change the default Script Menu directory? Reply with quote

I have been updating our machines from 4 to 7 (pretty much done); Vegas 4 used to be able to pick and choose scripts wherever they were located at. This was useful because we could get them all from a shared network drive and update them all from there. With Vegas 7 it doesn't seem to be quite so easy.
Is it possible to change the default script menu from it's usual location of
"C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas 7.0\Script Menu" ? If so, can V7 use a mapped network drive as a default directory?

Thanks,
Chris Fontenot
Edward Troxel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if you put the scripts wherever you want them and put a SHORTCUT to the scripts in the "Script Menu" folder?
ChrisFontenot13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!
Should have thought about that, considering I had thought about appending the network path into the default folder using a custom batch command on boot-up. Guess maybe I should be following a "KISS" methodology, eh? Wink

The reason I ask is because I was pretty sure I'd seen something about changing the default directory, just not in the manuals.

Shortcuts work, but shortcuts to custom icons won't show up... you have to put copies of all the script icons in the default script directory with the script shortcuts and rename the icons to "Script Name" then ".js.lnk.png", rather than just ".js.png"

Thanks for such a great site, by the way!
Edward Troxel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it may be possible via the internal prefs in Vegas 5/6/7 but everything has changed in Vegas 8 and I don't really recommend changing the internal prefs. I really believe shortcuts is probably your best answer.

Vegas 8 looks through several different folders for scripts and custom commands. I can get the full list if you desire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.jetdv.com Forum Index -> Scripting FAQ All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: